Have the Israel military gone too far

rawprawn 17:44 31 May 2010

click here
I can understand their problems, but aid convoys in international waters seems a step too far.

[DELETED] 19:40 31 May 2010

If it had been any other Middle East country involved in such actions there would be hell to pay.

It's time the USA stopped it's blinkered view of Israel.

[DELETED] 19:46 31 May 2010

How many to far`s are they allowed..the British passport incident,just a few weeks ago for example!

morddwyd 19:49 31 May 2010

Having spent a lot of my life being shot at by dissident Arabs (not literally, you understand, but that's why I was in the various places I was) I have always had much sympathy with Israel, but I must admit that I think they have overstepped the mark on this occasion.

[DELETED] 20:56 31 May 2010

Question. Why was an Aid convoy carrying weapons?

It will be interesting to see what the Israelis find in the ships. Until then, I will reserve judgement.

[DELETED] 21:11 31 May 2010

If Israel really wanted a new land their should of taken Germany as their land, yes the land that took their forefathers.

spuds 21:11 31 May 2010

That is a question that will no doubt be debated for a long time. But the Israeli intelligence services are extremely good at their job.

[DELETED] 21:14 31 May 2010

Spuds they have made mistakes in the past and have learned from those lessons i hope. But as it seems this is not always the case yes they are damn good but have been caught with their pants down

natdoor 21:42 31 May 2010

Any truth in the rumour that North Korea has condemned the Israeli action?

[DELETED] 21:52 31 May 2010

that there is far more to this than meets the eye. Lets not lose sight of the fact that the militants have no objections to using innocent civilians to shield their own activities, then gladly cry foul to the world when it backfires on them. witness the firing of rockets from civilian areas, schools, hospitals etc, just so the predictable counterbattery fire causes highly photogenic civilian casualties.

I think the following quote says a lot about it.

"If the arabs put down their weapons today there would be no more violence. If the jews put down their weapons today there would be no more Israel."

-Benjamin Netanyahu

WTM (not related)

[DELETED] 22:09 31 May 2010

I think it's more a case of them being paranoid. But are they paranoid enough?

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?