Has the world just become a more dangerous place?

oresome 11:20 21 Oct 2018

US to withdraw from nuclear treaty with Russia.

click here

Old Deuteronomy 12:36 21 Oct 2018

I don't believe and hope I'm right, that Putin is stupid enough to start a nuclear war but, Trump's attitude certainly doesn't help. I do believe, however, that Putin want's to resurrect the old USSR/CCCP and undo all the benefits brought to Russia and Europe by Mikhail Gorbachev's dissolution of the USSR and new cooperation with the West.

Pine Man 12:52 21 Oct 2018

It's just the usual 'willy-waving'.

Cymro. 16:11 21 Oct 2018

From the link I see this is all about "President Trump to pull US from Russia missile treaty". Well you don't need missiles to destroy the world, Conventional and older weapons are quite capable of doing so. The world became a more dangerous place after Hiroshima. I lived through the 60s. so managed then and will manage again.

rickf 16:48 21 Oct 2018

This is Trump willy waving to get headlines, trying to show how patriotic he is before the mid-term elections. He is a very dangerous man.

Quickbeam 06:40 22 Oct 2018

Interesting but highly accurate descriptive term....

Who first coined it?

Quickbeam 06:41 22 Oct 2018

In the public domain that is.

Forum Editor 08:38 22 Oct 2018

There have been times when the world was a far more dangerous place than it is now.

In the past, aggressive tactics were pretty successful, the Roman and British empires are examples of that. Thankfully those days are gone and the modern world has a way of dealing with aggressors - usually via economic sanctions - although it can sometimes take a while.

Quickbeam 07:08 24 Oct 2018

There could be an unexpected economic bonus from this in the building of gunboats.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL