Hot Topics

Has Trump started a huge conflict?

john bunyan 07:26 03 Jan 2020
Answered

Trump has ordered the killing in Baghdad of a top Iranian General. Knowing the psyche of the Iranians and remembering the time the US Embassy there , some years ago, was attacked, I would not like to be an American diplomat in Iraq or Iran at the moment,

Assassination

Dunk 14:43 05 Jan 2020

Quickbeam

Why did your comment make me think of this?

click here

john bunyan 15:34 05 Jan 2020

The Iraqi Government have voted to get all US troops to leave; this has yet to be confirmed by their President but will be a huge blow to the Kurds, who fought ISIS so bravely and whom Trump abandoned recently. The US is proving to be an unreliable ally

New York Times

rickf 16:59 05 Jan 2020

Americans have not learnt a lesson from Vietnam. Perhaps they have in the sense that armament businesses will make tons of money. Orange's mindset and detraction from impeachment. Clinton did the same about the Iraq war at the time of impeachment. Americans??

Al94 18:47 05 Jan 2020

Not good news nuclear deal rollback

morddwyd 19:13 05 Jan 2020

Well what was the western then!

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

click here

Al94 19:39 05 Jan 2020

Now this

Forum Editor 22:54 05 Jan 2020

"The Iraqi Government have voted to get all US troops to leave"

Good luck with that.

Quickbeam 06:55 06 Jan 2020

Morddwyd, I watched For A Few Dollars More recently, I'll have to watch the other two now!

john bunyan 08:53 06 Jan 2020

If one were a believer that Trump is influenced by Putin, it appears that the USA have ceded Syria to Russian domination, and this latest event could see a spread of Russian hegemony.

The US , in their obsession with Israel and Saudi Arabia have no chance of winning back influence in Iran , and may well have pushed Iraq even further into the hands of Iran. A resurgence of ISIS is possible in the region

morddwyd 09:05 06 Jan 2020

I cannot help feeling he is driving Iraq an Iran together, a very unstable combination.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?