Has the pantomime finished yet?

Clapton is God 12:15 19 May 2018

... this wedding - apparently the 709th (or whatever) in line to the throne marrying a foreign, divorced, former actress.

Can I now put my head above the parapet again?

bumpkin 12:31 19 May 2018

Has the pantomime finished yet?

No, it will go on ad nausea.

john bunyan 12:49 19 May 2018

Dipped in and quickly out - an American Evangelical was haranguing endlessly.

oresome 12:58 19 May 2018

I've just read that she's missing out the obey bit from the service.

Which leads me on to the wife. She's not taken a blind bit of notice of anything I've said for almost the last 50 years and I'm sure she didn't omit it from the ceremony at the time.

Pine Man 13:41 19 May 2018

I knew it wouldn't take the Racists to long to comment on here.

.....and I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to over react!

She is from a mixed marriage. She is American. She is divorced. She used to be an actress.

wee eddie 13:43 19 May 2018

Sounds ideal to me. Sort their bloodline out anyway

MJS WARLORD 13:46 19 May 2018

reported this post for the words used.

Pine Man 15:21 19 May 2018

Racism is in the eye of the beholder. If you look for it you'll find it.

Old Deuteronomy 15:35 19 May 2018

Groan... I thought a computing forum would be a safe haven from wedding nonsense.

LastChip 15:59 19 May 2018

Let me say straight away, I'm no Royalist, in fact I'm agnostic - I couldn't care less one way or the other. But if you look at the overall transmission of this wedding, you can't fail to be impressed at just how well the UK does pageantry. We are the envy of the world.

Stop and think how much the UK earned just from the worldwide transmission rights, let a lone the tourist revenue it generated. This link gives a clue as to how much may have been generated from William and Kate's wedding. Given that was seven years ago, it's fair to assume, Harry and Megan's will generate at least as much, if not more.

Sometimes, whatever your personal feelings, it's better to look at the positives.

bumpkin 16:07 19 May 2018

If we earn money from it OK as long as I don't get it rammed down my throat for the next six months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?