This has got absolutely nothing to do with compute

pj123 16:31 16 Dec 2004

s

But I thought it might be good for a laugh.

My partner was expecting a package addressed to her. We got a card through the door from the Post Office saying they couldn't deliver it because no one was in.

OK. The card has a sig box. "Please sign here if someone is collecting it for you."

She signed it. I went to collect it. They asked me for some identity. I showed them an ID card of mine which was accepted. So my ID was accepted and they gave me someone else's package???

oresome 17:52 16 Dec 2004

You had to jump through more hoops than I did today. I took the card, duly signed, but wasn't asked for any identification. Just given the parcel and I left.

Totally-braindead 17:55 16 Dec 2004

I think the idea is you have the card, therefore they get a signature and that covers them. After all if you were stealing the package you would have first had to break in to the house to get the card. Or am I missing the point you're trying to make?

pj123 18:15 16 Dec 2004

Totally-braindead, no I don't think you are missing the point. If I live in a house occupied by many students I can pick up anybodies mail that comes through the letterbox. If it is this Non delivery card with a signature box I can sign any name I like (how do they know) and get the parcel/package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)