Hot Topics

Has Facebook been Hacked recently?

wee eddie 23:47 04 Jul 2020
Answered

For one reason, or another, I have 4 eMail addresses registered with Facebook. As I've moved on, I have never bothered to remove them.

In the last hour I have received this massage on all 4 addresses (only the number has been changed) "1234567 is your Facebook account recovery code". The Number is different at each Address and each email contains a link to Change the Password. And there have been about 8 eMails to each address.

Now, of course, I have treated this as Spam but, those emails have not been received at any , that I use, that have not been registered with Facebook.

Opinions please and what, if anything, should I do about it?

wee eddie 20:50 05 Jul 2020

Today: I can visit my Facebook Home Page but neither Notifications nor Videos will play.

Any ideas: Has someone hijacked my Account?

wee eddie 20:53 05 Jul 2020

Nor can I post

Govan1x 00:48 06 Jul 2020

Facebook was hacked in February so probably a few more since then.

Is this on a Laptop or phone. You could try Facebook from the internet. You can just use it without installing it permanently.

You can click the little arrow on the bar at the top and choose Settings. Then choose notifications on the left hand side. Make sure it is turned on or click on the little down arrows on the right hand side of it to make sure things are working probably. There should be one for videos on that as well open it to see if the blue dots are working.

Just doing this from my head as I cant get onto facebook at the moment.

Govan1x 00:50 06 Jul 2020

If using an iPhone switch it off completely for about 30 seconds and then start it again. That sometimes works.

wee eddie 15:10 08 Jul 2020
Answer

Problem solved ~ Must be something to do with the old version of Edge.

I transferred my use of Facebook to Chrome and all is now working as specified

Govan1x 19:25 08 Jul 2020

Thanks for letting us know wee eddie. I remember that you had trouble with the new version of Edge and disabled or removed it. So well done.

wee eddie 08:45 09 Jul 2020

Govan1x: I don't like the way that Chrome/Edge handle their display (of their file structure) of Favourites but I'm not denying they operate more swiftly than the opposition.

However, considering that When I am surfing the Net, chatting here, whatever. I'm also engaged in other things, drinking tea, listening to Radio 4 (it's mostly speech) or looking out the window (I'm a committed busybody). Those few extra milliseconds are neither here nor there.

Govan1x 10:23 09 Jul 2020

I think we all do that wee eddie. Only difference is I never listen to the radio. Any car I get the radio is never turned on.

I disabled the new version of edge as well I was never that keen on it.

But might try it when I finally get the new version of windows installed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Five things you need to know

Marco Oggian's Dreams and Nightmares explores our global anxiety in 2020

Leaked iPhone 12 photos reveal mystery magnets

AirPods : comment résoudre un problème de connexion ?