Has anybody used a 'Podcast provider'?

Aitchbee 19:39 09 Mar 2018
Answered

I often hear podcasts getting plugged on BBC Radio4. What are they and how much do they cost. I heard today that BBC Radio 1 is going to podcast a new comedy show at 3 a.m.

Has anybody used a podcast and what's the point of it all? What am I missing out on?

wee eddie 19:50 09 Mar 2018

Podcasts appear to be free. However I have not decided which program to miss in order to listen to one

Aitchbee 19:53 09 Mar 2018

wee eddie, my ears get enough of it already, as well.

Quickbeam 08:10 10 Mar 2018
Answer

Podcasts are are to radio what catchup TV is to TV. They're her to use or not as it pleases you.

Most of my TV viewing now is what I've missed on live airing at a time of my convenience.

Quickbeam 08:13 10 Mar 2018

...more accurately, podcasts are downloadable for offline listening as the iPlayer also lists radio for online listening.

morddwyd 09:30 10 Mar 2018

I invariably download the Archers omnibus podcast from the Radio 4 website so that I can listen to it when, and where I like,

It is free, takes but a minute and if you download it to whatever cloud app you use you can listen on any device.

Forum Editor 09:33 10 Mar 2018

Podcasts are simply audio files, often of a series of radio shows which are available for download. They are almost always free.

Aitchbee 17:11 10 Mar 2018

Thanks everybody for demystifying podcasts. I thought there might have been strings attached to using them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs