Has anybody used a 'Podcast provider'?

Aitchbee 19:39 09 Mar 2018
Answered

I often hear podcasts getting plugged on BBC Radio4. What are they and how much do they cost. I heard today that BBC Radio 1 is going to podcast a new comedy show at 3 a.m.

Has anybody used a podcast and what's the point of it all? What am I missing out on?

wee eddie 19:50 09 Mar 2018

Podcasts appear to be free. However I have not decided which program to miss in order to listen to one

Aitchbee 19:53 09 Mar 2018

wee eddie, my ears get enough of it already, as well.

Quickbeam 08:10 10 Mar 2018
Answer

Podcasts are are to radio what catchup TV is to TV. They're her to use or not as it pleases you.

Most of my TV viewing now is what I've missed on live airing at a time of my convenience.

Quickbeam 08:13 10 Mar 2018

...more accurately, podcasts are downloadable for offline listening as the iPlayer also lists radio for online listening.

morddwyd 09:30 10 Mar 2018

I invariably download the Archers omnibus podcast from the Radio 4 website so that I can listen to it when, and where I like,

It is free, takes but a minute and if you download it to whatever cloud app you use you can listen on any device.

Forum Editor 09:33 10 Mar 2018

Podcasts are simply audio files, often of a series of radio shows which are available for download. They are almost always free.

Aitchbee 17:11 10 Mar 2018

Thanks everybody for demystifying podcasts. I thought there might have been strings attached to using them.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?