Hot Topics

Halloween, where do you draw the line?

canarieslover 20:31 31 Oct 2017

I am not against Halloween, as it's my wedding anniversary, but I really can't understand parents who take young children out knocking on doors when they should be in bed. I have just answered the door to a young girl who could not have been very far past her second birthday and it's twenty past eight. Am I really just an old moaner or do I expect too much of parents? I know that at two years old I was sound asleep in bed, as we're my own children at that age, before eight o'clock. Rant over and I will return to my glass of wine as I celebrate 53 years of marriage!!

geoff96 10:03 02 Nov 2017

"Same with Mother's and Father's Days, that I do not recall in '40's to '50's"

I can remember Mother's Day in the 50's. On some occasions it came close to my mothers birthday and on one occasion it was the same day.

canarieslover 12:09 02 Nov 2017

At least with Halloween taking up the end of October it seems to have the effect of killing off the "Penny for the guy" brigade. I quite appreciated some of their guys, even when it was obvious that it was one of the younger ones dressed up in rags and a mask.

Megan888 14:58 02 Nov 2017

I like Halloween and we always celebrate it. But speaking about little children who come to unknown people when it's too late, I agree that it's wring. My children are at home at this time because I'm afraid for them. Also I don't want them to annoy the other people. Everything is good in its season, I guess.

caccy 17:44 03 Nov 2017

BAA HUMBUG!!!

P.S. Do we all have to have do a mental arithmeic test before posting now?Took me back to my primary school days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?