Growing another toothaged sixty plus

bumpkin 21:26 23 Feb 2017

It feels like I am growing another tooth right at the back of my mouth. I am over sixty now and not expecting that. Googling this gives a mine of information about teeth but a lot of it is beyond me with the technical terms and variations of them. I have had 3 extractions over the years . Before anyone says see a dentist, it is not causing any pain or bothering me yet. I
would just like your comments if any of you have experienced this sort of thing.

I realize that nobody is qualified (before I get told so) to give advice.

lotvic 21:45 23 Feb 2017

Before anyone says see a dentist, it is not causing any pain or bothering me yet

Go to dentist you need to know for definite - there are many causes, don't assume.

bumpkin 22:14 23 Feb 2017

I will have to but reluctant to do so just yet as I am not keen on torturers that steal you blind.

Forum Editor 23:19 23 Feb 2017

See your dentist as soon as you can.

Burn-it 00:07 24 Feb 2017

Wisdom teeth often don't appear until late in life - that is if they do at all. It is nothing to worr about, but it is worth seeing a dentist anyway. I go every 6 months anyway just for checks.

Forum Editor 08:37 24 Feb 2017

"Wisdom teeth often don't appear until late in life"

They usually appear between the ages of 17 and 25, and if you haven't got them by the age of 30 it is very unlikely they will appear at all. It is unusual for them to appear in later life, but occasionally it does happen. There is one case on record of a man getting a wisdom tooth at 92 years of age.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:00 24 Feb 2017

There is very little worse than tooth ache, go to the dentist and get it checked now before it gets much worse.

lotvic 14:14 24 Feb 2017

I'm not sure I can cope with Bumpkin becoming a Wise man.

bumpkin 15:09 24 Feb 2017

I'm not sure I can cope with Bumpkin becoming a Wise man.

Don't worry, the other 4 haven't worked:-)

Cymro. 16:21 24 Feb 2017

Anyone know how much it costs to have a tooth extracted these days?

lotvic 17:02 24 Feb 2017

Cymro. it seems to vary a lot, I found this list of prices via a (random) search click here costs about £100 for a straightforward extraction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus