Google and help forums

anskyber 12:03 08 Feb 2009

With my tongue firmly in my cheek can I raise the old chestnut of saying many folk could answer their own questions by using Google or similar.

If you have friends who take a joke try Let me Google that for you (courtesy of Click) an example click here

birdface 15:09 08 Feb 2009

Looks like the one.
click here

anskyber 15:10 08 Feb 2009

I have had no problems, and I assume neither have others here. The site has come via the BBC "Click" programme so I assumed it was safe.

AVG also reports it as a safe site.

birdface 15:48 08 Feb 2009

Ok just forget it.It may even have come from Incredimail which I use.It just opened a box saying something like My Start is your new web Browser and it is dotted and underneath it says do you still want to use Internet Explorer Browser and that was undotted.So that was it.It gave you the choice of 2 Browsers and that was that.I deleted it using the red X and it has not came back.I just worked out if it opens with my e-mail provider it must have come in one of my e-mails.So sorry for bothering you as it looks like it is a problem on my side.

canarieslover 17:22 08 Feb 2009

You didn't think to Google it then?? lol

birdface 18:25 08 Feb 2009

I did, thats why you got my click here.
My apologies anskybar my A squared found a tracking cookie for Incredimail in Firefox.So while I checked that I found that My Start is actually a new part of Incredimail which I had updated a few days ago.Why it took so long to come out I do not know.
I will have to have a look and see if I can find the file and delete it permanently
Sorry for interfering with the running of your thread.
Mind you my click here never said it was anything to do with Incredimail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts