Google earth, how old are the pictures.

v1asco 07:26 06 Jan 2006

Anybody know.

Can see my house clearly and there is no consrvatory. This was put up nearly 4 years ago.

Taffy

(original posted in another thread that was already resolved. Didn't notice until I posted. Really should have a cuppa before I log on in the Mornings)

Al94 09:16 06 Jan 2006

Our area in Northern Ireland appears to be around 4 years old judging by re development.

v1asco 10:26 06 Jan 2006

wonder why I didn't think of looking there?

My conservatory was built July 2001, as its not there it would seem that Googles claim of 3 years is a bit out of date.

watchful 15:51 06 Jan 2006

They are a bit out with the 3 yr old claim as on my street there is just a field behind us where there is actually a large, detached house built about 5 years ago.

mikef. 18:30 08 Nov 2007

Virtual earth from MS is much more up to date particularly the 3D maps

Legolas 18:59 08 Nov 2007

The flats at the back of my house have been away for about 5 years but MS Virtual earth shows them as still there. Google earth shows them gone. Acutely the new buildings are almost finished and ready for inhabitant's MS Virtual earth is well out of date.

Rigga 19:52 08 Nov 2007

also try maps live > click here < it has a much more recent version of my area than either Google earth of Nasa Whirlwind.

HTH. R.

Rigga 19:55 08 Nov 2007

Sorry forgot to add it's the birds eye view that gives the most detail for me.

R.

anskyber 16:17 09 Nov 2007

What I have found interesting is that if you Google your postcode and then select maps and satellite the pic is, for me at least, more up to date than Google Earth.

Stuartli 17:36 09 Nov 2007

Google Earth is basically a US program - the States is reasonably up to date, and most UK major cities are relatively accurate.

In my area, a resort in the North East, maps were at least six years old until quite recently - now they are about two to three years old.

Quickbeam 19:39 09 Nov 2007

Mine shows a light blue Hillman Imp that I scraped in 1976:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf