Hot Topics

Garmin is (partially) back on-line at last

wee eddie 07:53 27 Jul 2020

Garmin has been off-line for about 4 days. They haven't, to my knowledge, been very forthcoming about the cause. Maybe they're not sure.

If you need to check [Garmin Servers Status] but as the Servers have been down since Thursday (maybe before - That's when I found out), they will be very busy and so almost certainly, overloaded and probably slow.

I shall do my monthly Update at about 3am tomorrow morning. 1

Quickbeam 08:32 27 Jul 2020

Cyber attack with a $10m ransom.

see here...

Quickbeam 08:38 27 Jul 2020

They’re be severely criticised for trying to keep it hushed up.

enter link description here

Quickbeam 10:27 27 Jul 2020

Apparently if they pay up they’ll be breaking US sanctions laws as Wasted Locker are considered to be based in Russia.

Is this so...? In which case more Russian interference...?

wee eddie 10:52 27 Jul 2020

Well done QB, I have to admit that I didn't look too hard for the cause

Forum Editor 10:56 27 Jul 2020

Modern cyber espionage is no longer about how you do what you do - that aspect of the operation is relatively straightforward.

The tricky part now is how you try to cover your tracks.

Quickbeam 13:47 27 Jul 2020

Wee Eddie it was the talk of my bike club all weekend as we’re all reliant on gps!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Zarin Baksh magickally merges the female form with fantasy

New iMac 2020 release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)