Forum problems post navigation change

simonjary 06:58 28 Aug 2019

Following your comments, we added back Login and Log Out to the top of all Forum pages, plus My Posts.

We also added in the list of all the forums to make it quicker to move between them without having to go back to the Forums homepage.

The changes to the top navigation are to do with the main parts of the site, and it was not just the Forum links that were moved or reduced. There were too many links in that part of the page, and Google dislikes too many links - most of which were very rarely actually used.

I am concerned that other problems still exist so have started this new thread in Speakers Corner to pick up on these if you can list them here.

Thanks,

Simon Publisher, Tech Advisor

BT 08:50 04 Sep 2019

One thing that has happened (in my case) since the new design is that I don't actually look at the individual forums unless something catches my attention in the digest at the top of the page, whereas before I would look at each one individually.

wee eddie 10:13 04 Sep 2019

I think that the main problem with the Digest is that it displays only the first two entries from each Forum. This means that, if there are entries in more than two Threads, some Threads will never reach the Digest.

In my opinion. The Digest should contain a rolling synopsis of the latest 16 Threads, with Postings in them

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)