Forum editor, have you ever asked for help on PCA?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:52 13 Feb 2005

Jut wondering have you ever asked a question on the PCA forums becouse you needed help?

Totally-braindead 13:54 13 Feb 2005

I've seen a few of them.

Forum Editor 14:07 13 Feb 2005

Several times - in fact I needed help yesterday, with an Excel formula. It took about two hours for me to have the answer.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:17 13 Feb 2005

Needing help i thought id never see the day! :)

Forum Editor 14:33 13 Feb 2005

and the person who thinks he/she knows all about it is a fool, a liar, or both.

Companies pay me to advise them about IT policies and practices, and to train their staff in the use of software, but quite often I find I'm learning from those I'm training. There's a certain girl in a client's office in Singapore who is the best I've ever seen when it comes to Microsoft Access databases - she can make the software do almost anything. She is allocated as my assistant each time I go there, and I always try to pick up some hints and tips from her in the course of our work together.

Mango Grummit 15:45 13 Feb 2005

Reminds me that coming back from Jakarta one time, years ago now, I saw for the first time a handheld computer for sale in Singapore. A thing of pure wonderment it was at the time as indeed were the Singapore ladies as FE has acknowledged.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:44 13 Feb 2005

Except when I don't!

josie mayhem 00:02 14 Feb 2005

In work I'm the most knowledgable concerning computers, my posistion doesn't involve computers at all. But has soon as there is a problem, I'm dragged into the office, to sort or give an opinion before a call is made to head office for help.

My colleagues are always commenting on my knowledge of computers, but I always reply 'I know a fair bit, but there still alot that I don't know! but what I don't know I know where to look to find an answer' (normanly here)

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:24 14 Feb 2005

I get that a bit in school.

One time someone tried to take the mick and said 'ha ha motherboard 2000'.

So i asked him what it is and he didn't know :->

Other than PCA the best place to go is

click here

It covers hardware,internet,software,operating systems

spuds 11:47 14 Feb 2005

BIG Ben-- Watch it, you may get banned, suggesting that people transfer to another help forum.;o)

Good link though.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:40 14 Feb 2005

I should have said.

only ONLY if PCA cannot solve the problem :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts