Fly killers are they safe

bumpkin 21:41 09 Oct 2015

Fly killers are they safe.

Mine is it wouldn't kill a fly if a used the whole can.

Quickbeam 21:56 09 Oct 2015

Not for flies they ain't...

bumpkin 22:18 09 Oct 2015

Have you tried using the can to club them to death?

No I prefer a gas attack but it seems futile.

bumpkin 22:22 09 Oct 2015

Not for flies they ain't...

Not so sure of that they seem to get off on the stuff, diving to the floor and dancing around until too tired to get up.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 09 Oct 2015

Get yourself one of these click here

spuds 22:53 09 Oct 2015

We use one of these, nothing like the smell of fried fly and a flash bang and sparkle or two click here

Quickbeam 07:01 10 Oct 2015

Don't forget that the instructions for using fly sprays are always to close the windows, spray the room and leave a while with the door closed then to vent the room. Most people madly chase the fly in vein looking for a direct hit!

morddwyd 10:01 10 Oct 2015

I use one called "Strikeback". It is more expensive but very effective.

More importantly, it is approved, used reasonably, in kitchens, and remains lethal on surfaces such as walls.

spuds 10:04 10 Oct 2015

If you have a mass of flies about the place, then it might be time to look for a corpse of some form and type!.

Aitchbee 10:05 10 Oct 2015

spuds, I bought one of those tennis-bat-fly-swatters recently but no flashes or bangs when I make a 'direct' hit with target insect[ usually a gnat ]. Can I make any modifications to increase the 'Zap-voltage' delivered?

spuds 10:09 10 Oct 2015

Aitchbee

Nope, its a one zap voltage that kills all device. I think it all depends on how the flying insect lands or is attracted to the zapping mesh. Sometimes it can be rather spectacular, other times, just like a damp squid!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch