Hot Topics

Flaming June

Macscouse 20:26 05 Jun 2009

There was fresh snow on the top of Cairngorm today, and there is a thunderstorm with heavy hail showers as I type. The temperature is only 6C. When is the next plane to the sun?

mrwoowoo 21:43 05 Jun 2009

That's global warming for you.
Maybe we're going to have another poor summer.
Only reached 13C in the south east today.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:03 05 Jun 2009

18.5 north western France - Rouen this morning
dropping to about 15.5 at Calais
Sunshine all the way from Rouen to Calais

Came out the Tunnel into good old Blighty, of course it was raining, with showers, some heavy, all the way up to the Midlands.

Welcome home :0(

Macscouse 22:29 05 Jun 2009

Keep it like that, we are on our way down to the 'Pool on Wednesday. Just stoke the boiler a little bit!

Macscouse 22:57 05 Jun 2009

Thanks for that. Galvanized stomach already inserted for RNA session.

Brumas 23:13 05 Jun 2009

"God's Little Acre" is that the name of the old people's home you are in then? If it is, it seems to have a sound roof !

mrwoowoo 23:58 05 Jun 2009

"Just recovering from a nasty cold, it seems the anti-biotics are working."
Err,no they're not.Antibiotics don't work on colds or flu as they can't fight viruses.
They are used to treat infections caused by bacteria.
If you picked up a bacterial infection as a result of your cold then i'll get my coat and wish you a speedy recovery.

Quickbeam 00:27 06 Jun 2009

in 1975 snow stopped play in June click here and that was the start of the first of two heat wave years:)

Stuartli 00:29 06 Jun 2009

But it was double that figure earlier in the week...:-))

Today, there has been heavy rain in the north and Sky's coverage outside the Houses of Parliament later today about the gradual demise of one Gordon Brown has been against a background of considerable rainfall.

However, those of us privileged to live on the North West coast between Liverpool and Preston (Bingalau included I presume) have missed all tha much needed rain...:-(

So the hosepipe will have to continue to be dragged around my palatial grounds...:-((

Stuartli 21:49 06 Jun 2009

We've switched on the central heating again tonight as it's so cold...:-(

Ironically I've been watching the Italy v Northern Ireland football match from Pisa on BBC3 where, presumably, it's somewhat warmer.

Quickbeam 12:52 07 Jun 2009

we're having quite a pleasant Autumnal weekend...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

Japanese fashion illustration makes for one dreamy catwalk

Tim Cook will face antitrust committee on 27 July

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?