First carol singers!

canarieslover 18:57 03 Dec 2008

Doorbell rings. I said to the wife "I'll get it". Roar of laughter from her as "We wish you a merry christmas" greets me as I open the door. I told them they were a bit early for carols but gave them 50p for being cheeky little b"$*#%s. Hope they don't let their mates know I'm a soft touch.

Bingalau 19:36 03 Dec 2008

50p? I don't think they will bother coming back...

lofty29 19:59 03 Dec 2008

Have not had any yet, but last year a couple of youngsters came around using a boombox. Must not use the term we used to call them.

laurie53 09:21 04 Dec 2008

Ho Hum! Obviously time to get into the Christmas spirit.

I'll have to get one of those "mosquito" boxes up at the front door.

IClaudio 10:06 04 Dec 2008

A couple of years ago, my a cappella group was rehearsing for an upcoming Carol Concert - the doorbell rang and the two little boys standing there got the shock of their lives when the door opened and 8 adults sang 'Ding Dong Merrily' to them in perfect harmony :) (sadly, they didn't give us 50p!)

Technotiger 19:23 08 Dec 2008
  Technotiger 19:27 08 Dec 2008

Hmm, sorry - that did not work out as I had hoped! It was supposed to be Santa and his Reindeers singing

Ah well - enjoy anyway!

Legolas 20:28 08 Dec 2008

I get satan....sorry santa (i'm a bit dyslexic) and his reindeers singing

canarieslover 20:29 08 Dec 2008

It worked for me and it was a much better 50p's worth than my first carol singers. Happy Christmas!!

Bingalau 21:10 08 Dec 2008

Great little item, I still have it from last year but had forgotten, I will now forward it to all my "Bing" fans and a few others. Thanks for that.

Technotiger 08:35 09 Dec 2008

Grreat, thanks for letting me know, it did work - verrry strange, when I looked at it on this forum I only got a blank white square where Santa should have been. I received it via email from a friend, thought it was great, so passed it on here!

Merry Christmas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?