Is Firefox in trouble?

johndrew 10:36 08 Dec 2011
Answered

I found this article on Firefox/Google, but it is the first I have heard of it. Is anyone else aware?

canarieslover 12:12 08 Dec 2011

I must admit that I have practically abandoned Firefox in favour of Chrome but I would still be disappointed to see it disappear. It seems to have lost that 'speed' edge that it always used to have but if I need to print anything from the web, such as Streetmap maps,then it is really much better than Chrome. At least it prints what you can see on screen unlike Chrome.

canarieslover 13:54 08 Dec 2011

The Tea Monster

My apologies to Chrome. I must admit I hadn't tried printing pages direct from Chrome for some long time due to the problems that I had experienced before but now I have just tried it and discovered that I don't need Firefox at all. Still I would not like to see it disappear as competition is always a good thing to have in any market.

morddwyd 16:57 08 Dec 2011

I have always used Firefox for this site as I need the accessibility options, but I use Chrome for everything else.

Forum Editor 18:22 08 Dec 2011

"Google and Microsoft try to push there own browsers on to us that's why we need browsers like Firefox to try and break the monopoly of the big 2."

Actually what we need are fast, reliable browsers, regardless of the size of the companies involved.

I use Google Chrome as my primary browser because quite frankly it's the best there is - in my opinion. I couldn't care less about the politics, I tired of hearing people banging on about market domination and monopolies years ago. Companies like Google and Microsoft are big and powerful because they provide the market with quality products that people like to use - it's that simple really.

Quickbeam 07:36 09 Dec 2011

I would hate to see Firefox disappear, I've used it for 10 or 12 years and it has dragged the opposition along with it's initiative ideas so much so that if the opposition is now better, it's because they've copied everything that Firefox added.

Pine Man 13:33 09 Dec 2011

Until I read this item I had been a die hard firefox user. Every so often I tried something else which, in my opinion, was never as fast or controllable as firefox.

Once again I see people extolling the virtues of Chrome, which I never found all that fast and was pretty basic BUT I've just tried it again and WOW! What a change has taken place now I couldn't care less what happens to firefox :-)

spuds 14:01 09 Dec 2011

Google Chrome as changed considerably since it first introduction, and Firefox in my opinion takes second best, As for Internet Explorer, that is failing and requires some major TLC.

If Firefox is heading for that ranks of obsolete, then it would be a great shame, because the competitor's will gain a stronger foothold, and I think we might all know where that could end?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?