Firefox 1.0 has come of age.

LastChip 23:40 09 Nov 2004

Mozilla announced today, the final version of Firefox is now available click here

After more than 8 million downloads of the pre-release version, click here some commentators are expecting even higher numbers for the final version.

The above link suggested the site wasn't working earlier today, however, I downloaded the program a few moments ago without any problems.

Forum Editor 23:53 09 Nov 2004

by the look of it. The servers were having a hard time keeping pace earlier.

We already have another thread on the same subject somewhere as well.

Dorsai 19:09 10 Nov 2004

I Got the pre-release version when it came out, and as it seems to work fine, i will wait for the initial rush to die down, and the server to catch it's digital breath.

but get it i will.

Unless i see a rash of posts here saying it dont work.

Forum Editor 19:10 10 Nov 2004

just fine.

iambeavis 19:40 10 Nov 2004

If you get the message that your theme or extensions are not compatible then a quick fiddle in "about:config" might fix it - it did for me anyway.

throwitoutthewindow 20:14 10 Nov 2004

I got the pre release version. how do I update? Is there a button ont eh rpe release button or do I have to go to the site and do it myself.

Only used it for a few days and it is better than IE. More user friendly and intutitive.

iambeavis 20:19 10 Nov 2004
  Dorsai 20:25 10 Nov 2004

Just fine..

Good. Once the rush dies down, i will get. I am not a 'get the lastest thing now' person. I dont mind waiting. But i still get it. But once the queue has gone. Mayhaps tomorrow, perhaps friday.

A new toy, yipee.

throwitoutthewindow 20:31 10 Nov 2004

iambeavis

thanks just downloaded and it installed over the pre release version fine. No problem getting onto site and dwonloading.

LastChip 20:38 10 Nov 2004

The most important thing, is to un-install your previous version first and then install the new.

If you navigate to where you put Firefox, probably, C:\Programs\Mozilla Firefox and click on the "uninstall" folder, you will find an Uninstall icon. Double-click that to un-install the parts of the program that are necessary and then double-click your new down-loaded program, to install the new to the same folder(s) (default).

Using this procedure, you maintain your Profile, all your Bookmarks and so on.

LastChip 20:44 10 Nov 2004

They always used to say, un-install and then install new.

While I was writing the above, you had already carried out the installation, apparently, without a hitch.

Perhaps that's one of the bugs that fixed in version 1.0!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?