FESTIVE FUN..

hijo 16:51 24 Dec 2006

Hi all i gave a mate of mine a xmas card with a scratchcard in it & said to him "if u win let me know ok" he left our home 15 mins later & called me to tell me he thought he had won £50K but it was due to the fact that on the back of the scratchcard he found out minutes later i had given him a joke one..:-) where every card is a £50k winner..haha i cannot say the grammer that as used by him lol
anyone pulled any good pranks lately...?
H
click here

VoG II 17:15 24 Dec 2006

That strikes me as distinctly UNfunny I'm afraid.

rodriguez 17:21 24 Dec 2006

Me and my mates are getting each other completely useless presents just for a laugh. Mine include a broken zip drive, a key I found that I don't know what it opens, the laser from a CD player, a 2p coin and the list of what bands are on at the pub - up until Christmas Eve. I don't know what my mate's getting me yet, he just said it was "funny". So it could be anything...my other mate's getting an old electric switchbox from a factory and a Russian vinyl record off him though. :-D

rodriguez 17:26 24 Dec 2006

Oh I nearly forgot one - page 81 and 82 of the Birmingham A-Z road atlas (my mom had a new one because all the pages kept falling out).

hijo 18:08 24 Dec 2006

"VoG™" theres always "one" i suppose that'l dissagree is one of the reasons why this forum has no comical joke post's....?
please dont forget what time of year it is,its a time for fun & humour & love...my mate did see the funny side to it & so did every one of the four people i played it on,just as well it wasnt u eh...
H

p;3 18:21 24 Dec 2006

I must admit I wonder for how long you will remain a mate of his; some pranks or jokes can seriously backfire

a 'best friend' of mine once played what she thought was a practical joke on me; she is no longer a best friend, but merely an acquaintance; she lost the right to a friends status after that stupid prank

you have to be very very careful

hijo 18:31 24 Dec 2006

i think it is down to various points of the joke for 1- he's a practical joker anyway & i owed him that & i knew he would take it well,2- depends on the nature of the joke as i know it can get outa hand in some cases,its a real shame u fell out or lost a good friend sometimes we have to view something with "both sides of the coin" please remember a joke is just a bit of humour...was it urself that took the joke wrong or was it your friend going to far...?
click here
H

p;3 20:48 24 Dec 2006

a joke may be intended as humour but often can backfire quite dramatically ;

'i suppose that'l dissagree is one of the reasons why this forum has no comical joke post's....?'
this forum actually has a lot of slick humour in many of the postings ; just browse around the threads to find it;

The Brigadier 20:50 24 Dec 2006

If a friend did that to me i would give them a Glaswegin hand shake!

The Brigadier 20:52 24 Dec 2006

ie: knock their teeth out for them!

It's not funny making someone think they have won & they have not, bit sick really, i would never do that to a friend, ever. But may be my friends mean more to me than your's do to you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?