Farewell James Bond,style above substance

daz60 20:06 23 May 2017

Roger Moore has passed,one of the most popular Bond's with his panache and quacks marking him out.Some have said he had no depth to his acting but i believe any actor with the right maerial can show their real talent and his movie The Man Who Haunted Himself was ,for me, excellent.

wee eddie 20:14 23 May 2017

His acting style could best be described as wooden but he was good looking, so I have been told

Archie44 22:05 23 May 2017

So long old friend 007 your the best you were a gentleman and a scholar

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:11 23 May 2017

Gone to meet the other Saints.

Aitchbee 22:39 23 May 2017

I was awarded a Leslie Charteris Saint Omnibus book as a school prize 'for diligence' by my primary school headmaster in 1966.

How did the prize-giving comittee know that I was a Simon Templar fan?

RIP Roger.

Old Deuteronomy 22:46 23 May 2017

I know not everyone would agree but, I liked Roger Moore's tongue-in-cheek take on James Bond.

Govan1x 23:34 23 May 2017

Ivanhoe must have been one of his first steps to fame.

I Remember it well.

LastChip 17:52 24 May 2017

I could never quite make up my mind whether I preferred Roger Moore or Sean Connery as James Bond. I like them both and still think the earlier films were the best of the series.

But Sir Roger spent a lot of his time in his later years as a Unicef ambassador. A job that I believe he liked and felt quite passionate about.

He may not have been the greatest actor that ever lived, but I for one, enjoyed his contributions to the arts.

Anyone that has provided pleasure for a great many people can truly say, I did my best to make people happy. Not a bad legacy to leave behind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

George Bletsis' illustrations capture character and chaos with an effortless touch

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment supprimer son historique Netflix ?