Fancy entertaining a dozen youngsters?

Cymro. 11:26 03 Jul 2018

BBC link

Obviously I wish nothing but the very best to all concerned but as things look rather better for them now I was wondering to myself how would I set about entertaining a group a dozen youngsters in such circumstances. So any suggestions

Cymro. 11:29 03 Jul 2018

I have just noticed that the youngsters are in fact all bouys so will that make them easier to entertain? It now seems they may be there for some time.

john bunyan 12:08 03 Jul 2018

It seems that as a precaution they are to be taught to dive, and 4 months of rations are being taken as a back stop. In that scenario they may take homework down! What a relief they are ok so far but now the hard work starts. Reminds me of the Peru miners saga

Forum Editor 16:32 03 Jul 2018

It's an astonishing scenario, but of course there are many dangers still to be faced, not the least of which is that heavy rain is expected within a week.

If the pumps can get the water level down before that happens, the rescuers may make an attempt to bring the boys out, but it will be a technical nightmare - they have over 2 kilometres to travel.

Nobody should start celebrating just yet.

wee eddie 17:49 03 Jul 2018

I have heard that part of the problem is that there is an underwater passage, that is only suitable for a single Diver to go through at a time, and is not suitable for someone being led, roped to a lead Diver.

Cymro. 11:15 04 Jul 2018

BBC link

A new video has been released of the 12 boys and their football coach trapped in a Thai cave, in which they say they are in good health.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:57 04 Jul 2018

Bit difficult to play eye spy in the dark.

Imagine being trapped in total darkness for 9 days must have been mind blowingly horrendous?

Hope hey can get them out sooner rather than later another 4 months not sur ifI could take that.

bumpkin 19:54 04 Jul 2018

I have to ask the question, what is a football team and its coach doing in a cave in the first place.

SweetPotatoes 00:32 05 Jul 2018

I heard they were already rescued and they are all in good shape and good spirit. They survived by drinking water from the stalactite formations inside the cave.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:10 05 Jul 2018

No they are out yet click here

john bunyan 08:04 06 Jul 2018

Sadly a rescue diver died today, which emphasises the difficulty of this rescue.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T to be sold on contract in UK from O2, EE and Vodafone

Adobe takes the limits off Typekit, renames to Adobe Fonts

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?