Eurovision worth watching again...

[DELETED] 08:18 05 Dec 2008

Terry Wogan is stepping down as commentator on the Eurovision Song Contest after three decades.

Fellow Irishman Graham Norton will take over for the 2009 contest, which will be hosted in Moscow.

[DELETED] 09:19 06 Dec 2008

never know - new brush sweeps clean etc,.- and there's 35 years worth of cobwebs to clear. :)

Quickbeam 09:21 06 Dec 2008

Today's paper reports that Terry's reason for leaving is that he thinks the voting is rigged between neighbouring countries. He's commentated on it for 35 years, and he's only just come to that conclusion...?

[DELETED] 09:31 06 Dec 2008

I heard that the voting is to be combination of a Jury and a phone-in from the public. The claim is this will prevent strategic voting by eastern bloc countries.

More likely it is another money making scheme by the broadcasters?.

[DELETED] 09:59 06 Dec 2008

Why on earth was this little nauseating person chosen to replace Terry. I have never seen what is funny about effete men either pretending to be or advertising the fact that they have certain abnormal tendencies.

[DELETED] 10:29 06 Dec 2008

all of the time.
whoever they had chosen would upset someone or other.
Think yourself lucky you might have got Ant & Dec ;)

[DELETED] 11:31 06 Dec 2008

Why the UK take part in the farcical European song contest is beyond comprehension

[DELETED] 15:32 06 Dec 2008

They've had phone voting on Eurovision for years, I think they're bringing back the juries to provide balance...

Forum Editor 15:37 06 Dec 2008

Because we were one of the original founding nations of the European Broadcasting Union, which came up with the idea for a Eurovision song contest.

Many people think that the contest is in some way connected with the EU, but it isn't; you don't have to be a member state of the EU to participate.

tullie 16:11 06 Dec 2008

The last time i watched was when ABBA won it.

[DELETED] 16:22 06 Dec 2008

i love the way the british tv makes a mockery of it, cause thats what it deserves

its worth a laugh only if u have nothing better to do for wogans chekky comments

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?