Eurovision worth watching again...

[DELETED] 08:18 05 Dec 2008

Terry Wogan is stepping down as commentator on the Eurovision Song Contest after three decades.

Fellow Irishman Graham Norton will take over for the 2009 contest, which will be hosted in Moscow.

Noldi 11:39 05 Dec 2008

The hole thing is well past its sell by date in my eyes. I think the last one I watched must have been when Terry Wogan first started presenting it.

Noldi

Noldi 11:47 05 Dec 2008

Just remembered,
Bucks Fizz and as a young teenage male I had a crush on Cheryl Baker.
How sad

Noldi

[DELETED] 12:45 05 Dec 2008

Are you actually thinking of the same Terry Wogan as the rest of use, his voice doesn't jar amd he doesn't overact.

Whereas Norton is a pantomime homosexual who seems to think it's funny to lay on the camp with a trowel.

And lets not forget in this climate of pillorying anyone who says anything the least bit controversial, that Channel 4 had to apologise twice after Norton made a very tasteless joke about the death of Maurice Gibb...

[DELETED] 13:12 05 Dec 2008

. . . well, brace yourself for a smut fest of close to the knuckle camp jokes. Why not have a double act - Norton and Clary?

I can hardly wait. It may liven the proceedings up somewhat but will have to be broadcast in its entirety after the watershed.

I never watch it anyway - we've won about 5 times in 50 odd years which is something like a 90% waste of time.

[DELETED] 13:14 05 Dec 2008

Is this the end for the BBC coverage!
Without Sir Terry it will be a 2nd rate event, oh hang on it is a 2nd rate event!!

Legolas 13:26 05 Dec 2008

As said above I am stocking up with needles for the next ESC. The only part I watched was the voting simply to hear Wogans comments. Now I won't even watch that.

[DELETED] 13:32 05 Dec 2008

May be we have the one person here on this forum to do the job.
Forthright & gets peoples backs up, it 's got to be GANDALF <|:-)>

[DELETED] 14:32 05 Dec 2008

must have a subliminal voice then - for as soon as he appears I am compelled to switch channel or turn off ;)

wee eddie 15:41 05 Dec 2008

Clive James should be the man to commentate.

Forum Editor 08:10 06 Dec 2008

that as Norton enters the Eurovision commentary box the viewing audience will plummet.

I can't bear to listen to Terry Wogan's self-satisfied and rather childish radio show, but millions love it, so I'm in a minority. I do, however, quite enjoy his Eurovision style.

Stephen Fry would have been my choice, but I doubt he would do it in a million years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)