ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization)

  octal 11:14 12 Jan 2009

I haven't seen this mentioned on the forum, so I thought it might be wise to let everyone know that the rules have changed on entry to the USA. Previously you could enter the US under the Visa Waver system, as from today it has to be completed on line. I knew about this last year when they were giving out leaflets about it, if you don't visit the US very often then you could be caught out by this and if it's not completed you could be sent home.
click here

click here

This is free to complete on line through the US embassy's web site, but be aware there are some sites that offer to complete the ESTA for a fee, this is mentioned on the ESTA web site about those sites and that they are nothing to do with the American embassy.

  octal 11:15 12 Jan 2009

Maybe this should have been in Consumer Watch, sorry FE.

  interzone55 12:25 12 Jan 2009

I think these words need to be removed from the Statue of Liberty forthwith -
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

  pcmags 12:49 12 Jan 2009

To get into Australia these days you need to apply for an e-visa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?