Environmentalist and or Atheist can you be both?

Cymro. 11:06 21 Sep 2019

Religion seems much less popular than it once was with less people attending religious services etc. I wonder if all this concern about the environment is taking over where religion left off. Is care for the environment the new religion in an increasingly atheist world?

Old Deuteronomy 15:43 21 Sep 2019

Environmentalist and or Atheist can you be both?

I cannot think of any reason why you cannot be both. Caring for the environment is no more a religious occupation than caring for sheep is.

Forum Editor 17:32 21 Sep 2019

I agree with Old Deuteronomy, the two subjects are not necessarily connected. We should all care for our wider environment, but religious faith is a matter of personal choice.

simplyweekend 11:30 14 Oct 2019

It's an interesting thought and I have not thought about both aspects in this context. Although, I believe religion revolves around a persons place in the world and its relationship, were as environmentalists view the world as nature first not person first.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

George Wylesol's new book is a demonic take on 90s internet

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Test : l'Amazon Echo 3, un design et des performances audio perfectionnés