(End of) Life in the Fast Lane

oresome 10:33 05 Jul 2019

We are running out of space in traditional burial grounds, so it's being suggested that we utilise space alongside motorways.

I can imagine the cortege causing a few holdups.

Have you any favoured spot you'd choose?

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:33 05 Jul 2019

Probably one or two already buried in motorway foundations :0p

and what happens when they decide to widen and put in an extra lane?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 05 Jul 2019

I originally thought you were referring to click here

Govan1x 13:14 05 Jul 2019

The romans used to do it so maybe we are just copying them.

Menzie 16:52 05 Jul 2019

No worries for me there, my family has a huge plot of land where we are all buried.

We just have to fly the body there. My parents have already arranged their returns when the time comes.

Me personally; I am leaning towards cremation for myself.

oresome 19:37 05 Jul 2019

my family has a huge plot of land where we are all buried

Not yet I hope!

My parents have already arranged their returns

Good idea. I have it in mind to book a return ticket when the time comes.

WhirlingRound 20:09 05 Jul 2019

I'm being cremated come the time. All passed (on) family relations have been, and their ashes scattered. We have memories, and printed material such as letters and photos from when they were alive.

Burials alongside major traffic routes is not something I'd support. Could be too distracting for passing drivers.

x13 21:27 05 Jul 2019

I've already stated in my Will I'm to be cremated - less hassle. Thinking again it's a waste of nutrients that could be returned to the earth. Crematoriums aren't 'green' when you think about it. If there was a way to simply turn the body to natural fertiliser then that's what I would pick. Something faster than just burying the carcass.

john bunyan 21:38 05 Jul 2019

x13

There are quite a few “green burial” sites. One near me:

natural burial

Forum Editor 22:42 05 Jul 2019

I think the time has come when we should consider making cremation a legal requirement.

x13 23:14 05 Jul 2019

There are quite a few “green burial” sites. One near me:

natural burial

Thank you JB

I think the time has come when we should consider making cremation a legal requirement.

Disagree as it depletes the natural cycle of decomposing to enrich soil and therefore keep the soil fertile for future generations. What you propose FE goes against all that is 'Green' that we need in today's over populated earth. Burning everything has taken us to the state we are already in don't you think?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)