Dream PC

retep888 16:13 15 Dec 2005

After weeks of waiting for my components and finally got them all and assembled this lover of the beauty.

Details as follows:

Thermaltake silver Tsunami Dream case(all aluminium)

Antec TPII-550PEPS 550W TRUE POWER 2.0(PSU)

ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM

AMD FX 57

CORSAIR TWIN2048 XMS PC3200DDR (2X 1 GB)

TWIN GAINWARD POWERPACK ULTRA/3500 GF7800GTX 256 MB GOLDEN SAMPLE(Configured as SLI)

4X WESTERN DIGITAL 74GB 10K RAPTORS (Configured as in RAID 10 Mirrored/Striped)

SONY 16X DVD-ROM

SONY 16X DL DVD-RW

SONY FLOPPY

VIEWSONIC 17" TFT (8ms)

img src="click here" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" />

The machine fired up instantly as soon as I pressed the power button, I was pretty impressed by its fast response and the hour glass was a thing of the past.

I know what you want to ask and I'd try to read your mind.

1. No, word and spreadsheet won't go any faster significantly, but wait till you're playing games, the graphics has to be seen to be believed.

2. 3DMARK 2005 scores 13012 ( CPU 5% overclocking, Corsair latency set to 2-3-3-6)I believe it could be higher if I turned off AA and high quality setting.

I LOVE IT!

sharkfin 16:51 15 Dec 2005

also, how much was the system? lol.

sharkfin 16:52 15 Dec 2005

Wow nice looking system. I see you ahve all the lastest graphic intensive games to test.

DieSse 18:03 15 Dec 2005

*I LOVE IT!*

I hope you'll be very happy together. ;-))

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:34 15 Dec 2005

May we expect children soon?

G

sharkfin 18:52 15 Dec 2005

hehe...some little celerons running around.....

Skills 19:15 15 Dec 2005

Very nice happy gaming to ya ;)

Big Elf 19:36 15 Dec 2005

Will it help me with Solitaire?

Forum Editor 23:14 15 Dec 2005

that you're happy - and it's pretty obvious that you are. It might be an idea to spend a bit of time learning about how to optimise image file sizes however - 0.6Mb is a tad large for the web.

Is that a speck of dust - down there in that corner?

Chegs ®™ 23:32 15 Dec 2005

Size of that pic it doesn't surprise me to find the date it was taken was 12th Dec.Is that why you only got around to posting it today,you were waiting so long to upload it. :-))

Nice kit though,wonder if Santa will fetch me one?

retep888 00:17 16 Dec 2005

I haven't thought about that, since imageshack allows upto 1 mb file, so I scaled it down to 0.6 mb and uploaded it to this site ,never thought of the space it'd taken up, I'm more than happy if you'd delete it, it's just a picture!

P.S. It's not a speck of dust in the corner, FE, it's just the reflection of the flash.

Chegs ®™

No, it just took a split of a second to upload it.

Yes, the picture was taken on the 12th, after I built and configured it, I was so happy and excited to explore and play around and tuning it, that's why it took me so long to post here.

P.S. I have something to look forward to after entertaining the whole family during X'mas. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?