Downloading Disc 1 of Age of Empires 3...

hellblazer-14 12:13 30 Mar 2008

Hey, I bought Age of Empires 3 about a year back, and soon after my Dad carelessly broke it (how he managed I don't know).

He broke the first disc of three, meaning that I could not install or play the game anymore. Since i own a legal version of the game, would it be illegal for me to download the content of the first disc off the internet, so i could play the game again?

johndrew 12:44 30 Mar 2008

Since you own the game and wish to replace a damaged disk I can see no reason why MS could not supply a replacement if you ask. They may need some form of proof of ownership; did you register?

hellblazer-14 12:45 30 Mar 2008

I think I probably registered, but I will check to make sure. I still have my CD key and everything, So i Will give that a try. Thanks!

hellblazer-14 12:53 30 Mar 2008

Just one thing, how Do I ask them for a replacement cd/dvd?

Since I can't install the game, I can't find out what the PID of the game is, and can't ask Microsoft for help.... Please advise!

bremner 14:58 30 Mar 2008

Belarc Advisor click here or SIW click here may give you the PID fro the game

hellblazer-14 17:07 30 Mar 2008

Thanks Bremner, But i don't think that program will work Unless I've got the game installed, which I don't.

WhiteTruckMan 18:09 30 Mar 2008

I've managed to come up with. Hope its of some help.

click here

WTM

Acx 19:05 30 Mar 2008
  hellblazer-14 22:08 30 Mar 2008

thanks guys, that really helped! I will get to calling Microsoft and seeing if they will send me that disc.

Thank you so much for your help.
Kind Regards
Hellblazer-14

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?