Don't use Skimmed Milk to make Hot Chocolate

wee eddie 02:35 02 Jan 2019
Answered

It's a waste of chocolate - revolting.

Quickbeam 06:34 02 Jan 2019

I know!

Cocoa and condensed milk makes a very rich hot chocolate.

Quickbeam 07:00 02 Jan 2019
Answer

Skimmed milk is also awful on cornflakes...

BT 08:47 02 Jan 2019

My mate at work used to call it 'Frightened Water'

As to Hot Chocolate, I know you will all say YUK but I quite like Tesco's instant version (you make it with water!!)

qwbos 12:34 02 Jan 2019

I stopped using drinking chocolate years ago. Much prefer to use cocoa and control the amount of sugar. Optional additive is a tot of rum.

Menzie 13:16 02 Jan 2019

It doesn't seem to be an option where I live. Both of the closest supermarkets only carry semi-skimmed, skimmed, almond, cashew, coconut or soy milk in my area.

Forum Editor 13:41 02 Jan 2019

Get a tin of this, and make it with semi-skimmed or whole milk. Delicious.

Alternatively, call in at this cafe, and enjoy the best hot chocolate you will ever taste. The cafe has been around for a while but you'll be prepared to overlook that when you sit there, drinking your chocolate and watching the world go by in the square.

beeuuem~2 15:02 02 Jan 2019

@ Forum Editor

Once upon a long time ago I worked in the West End for Telephone Rentals as was and Charbonnel et Walker were on my sub district. You could buy misshapes for a £1.00 a pound. And I was told of the source for the coffee flavour in their coffee creams!

I concur with your opinion of their drinking chocolate.

Quickbeam 18:10 02 Jan 2019

Macdonalds hot chocolate is very good, I sometimes get one after a bike ride as a protein recovery drink.

Forum Editor 13:52 03 Jan 2019

beeuuem~2

"You could buy misshapes for a £1.00 a pound".

Those were the days - now, their 500gram Luxury box of chocolates will set you back £65. Officially voted the best chocolates my wife has ever tasted. It works out at around £1:50 per chocolate.

wee eddie 14:01 03 Jan 2019

Until recently there was a Chocolatier, next to Bath Abbey, called Minerva. Unfortunately he was unable to make sufficient profit/turnover to survive.

His product was superb and a particular favourite of mine was a little hot pot he kept, into which went the scrapings from the moulding process, which he couldn't reuse.

He sold a Shot Glass full, for a quid - bliss, with more caffeine than an espresso.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Inside the redesign of the world's largest computer games platform, Steam

Apple TV Plus streaming service launch, release date and price

Samsung Galaxy Fold : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique