Does nobody have an opinion on our 'Hard Brexit...

Quickbeam 08:47 18 Jan 2017

Railroad Plan' then?

Or is it still a depressing subject to express concern over?

Or should I be reassured with Boris's assurance that the world is fighting themselves to get to the front of our trade queue...?

Yes, I remain sceptical and wholly un-reassured.

oresome 09:19 18 Jan 2017

Depressing???

The opportunity to be in charge of our own destiny and take quick and decisive action, rather than protracted rule by committee following horse trading by 27 disparate nations?

Quickbeam 09:49 18 Jan 2017

Preferably an opinion on the Brexit plan. Not a regurgitation of old in or out stances.

wee eddie 09:51 18 Jan 2017

We voted out. It's time to gird up our loins, move on, and get out.

Of course there will be losers, but there will also be those that are sufficiently adaptable to take advantage of the new options available. This is where the UK should be.

Quickbeam 10:28 18 Jan 2017

Yes we voted out. Yes we are leaving. That was last year's mantra.

Are we all content that we appear to have suddenly adopted the most brutal divorce terms?

Are all the leavers content with this hard line strategy that will leave Scotland feeling betrayed?

hastelloy 10:44 18 Jan 2017

"The opportunity to be in charge of our own destiny and take quick and decisive action, rather than protracted rule by committee following horse trading by 27 disparate nations?"

Surely we're just replacing one committee with a smaller, less influential one?

"Are all the leavers content with this hard line strategy that will leave Scotland feeling betrayed?"

Not only Scotland but 48% of the whole nation.

wee eddie 10:46 18 Jan 2017

Scotland voted more decisively to remain part of the Union than the UK, as a whole, voted to leave the EU. 55% - 45% as opposed to 52% - 48%.

The Sainted Nicola is a politician with an agenda, although she's something of a one trick pony. Much of Scotland is bored with that part of her song, except, of course, for the "foaming at the mouth" Nationalists

LastChip 11:04 18 Jan 2017

Yes, I have an opinion - I'm delighted!

And the quicker, the better.

But people are jumping the gun on this. What was suggested yesterday was an just an opening shot. The negotiations have yet to take place and it's not until the conclusion, we'll really see the outcome and maybe not even for a few years after that.

Stay calm and carry on. We have a very bright future to look forward to. As I've said before, there's a whole world out there. It doesn't begin and end at the English Channel.

Quickbeam 11:28 18 Jan 2017

Boris currently suggesting with great optimism that the world is hammering at the tradesman door. Isn't the India deal dead on account that we're not prepared to accept Anglo Indian free movement?

LastChip 11:30 18 Jan 2017

She's pointing out (quite rightly) that they do not hold all the aces. We could implement effectively a tax haven right on their door step and there's nothing they could do about it.

Furthermore, along with the Americans, we do have probably the premier security system in the world. The total "Five Eyes" system is second to none. If they want access to it, then be friendly towards us. They (by comparison) are still in a third world. You can see the shambles recently with the terrible terror threats they had to deal with. It was clear for all to see, it was chaos.

There's nothing wrong in reminding those hard liners, that there's two sides to every story - and negotiation.

Quickbeam 11:47 18 Jan 2017

The PM in her Brexit speech suggested that the social divisions of last year are now healed.

Does anyone believe this to be the case?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL