Does BBC give too much coverage to Glastionbury ?

iscanut 15:32 01 Jul 2019

Does anyone think like me in that the BBC seem to be obsessed with Glastonbury. It dominates the online news section with numerous videos. Far too much in my opinion, but do they think the whole population is interested ?

morddwyd 09:43 07 Jul 2019

So surprise me!

amonra 10:34 07 Jul 2019

I enjoyed Glastonbury, at least those parts I did watch, but at least if you didn't like it you could switch channels to something different. But last night it was tennis, tennis tennis ad infinitum, you just could not get away from it. Why doesn't the BBC concentrate one channel to tennis 24/7 ??? Now' to add insult to injury, they want to charge me for the privilege of switching the da**n thing off ! GRRRRRR

grumpy old man 10:58 07 Jul 2019

we could argue all day about too much of any program been shown , what I don't get is why when a certain program is on it takes priority over something else.

i know that channels have a certain bandwidth for each station so all the bbc needs to do is add more dedicated stations instead of saying we now putting xyz on another channel.

Before anyone says it cant be done take a look at how many channels are on freeview.

Belatucadrus 12:27 07 Jul 2019

Please don't tell the BBC it needs more channels, I believe they already have more than they know what to do with. They overreached themselves badly when things went digital. Get rid of one or two channels, all the admin staff needed to run them, then invest the money wisely in stuff like say new programs or free TV licences for pensioners.

Quickbeam 17:57 12 Jul 2019

Now the tennis fans are complaining that the 5Live finals coverage has been moved to 5Live Extra because the cricket final with England has out-trumped Wimbledon for the prime channel!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)