Does anyone actually take time..

BT 09:11 09 Feb 2019

.. to watch the pop up Videos that have re-appeared on this site.

They now obscure the bottom right hand corner and the page scrolls behind it until you close it, but re-appears as soon as you change pages. I can't think it has any benefit as it is so annoying that (in my case) it gets shut down everytime it appears

martd7 13:24 17 Feb 2019

I think this intrusive ad problem has been around a long time on here and there's been plenty of forum posting about it,but as we all know no ads no Forum

alanrwood 17:39 17 Feb 2019

Yes but not as intrusive as it has become. As I said earlier I understand the point about no adverts no forum but there comes a point where it is so intrusive that it becomes counter productive and drives people either to use ad blockers or leave the forum. This forum has now got to that point and I have no feelings of guilt to block the lot. If the forum goes then so be it but it will not be my fault that it became intolerable.

I'm also sick of the maths tests.421

martd7 19:16 17 Feb 2019

Maths tests?

FastTiger 14:29 18 Feb 2019

This is my first time back on this site in a while, and I am struggling to do anything due to the sheer amount of adverts.

KEITH 1955 15:34 18 Feb 2019

some of the items that appear on here open up so fast that in the split second I press my mouse I sometimes accidently open an advert or video

alanrwood 17:55 18 Feb 2019

martd?

Disable javascript and try posting a reply. In the box below currently I am asked to answer "What is 1064 + 316"

Even if you answer it still does not let you post your response so you have to enable javascript again temporarily.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique