Does anyone actually take time..

BT 09:11 09 Feb 2019

.. to watch the pop up Videos that have re-appeared on this site.

They now obscure the bottom right hand corner and the page scrolls behind it until you close it, but re-appears as soon as you change pages. I can't think it has any benefit as it is so annoying that (in my case) it gets shut down everytime it appears

rickf 09:14 09 Feb 2019

It's a pain. Overkill.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 09 Feb 2019

Those sort of ads are counter productive. That's why there are ad blockers mine are showing 210 blocked on this page alone.

I use Adblock Plus which allows me to read the sites without unobtrusive ads but also allows some ads so I can click on some to help the site get revenue to continue.

Pine Man 10:30 09 Feb 2019

click on some to help the site get revenue to continue.

Isn't that how spammers get their income?

Old Deuteronomy 11:10 09 Feb 2019

Irritating, autorunning and intrusive videos together with very distracting animated, often flashing ads, are why I started to use adblocking.

Aitchbee 11:40 09 Feb 2019

I've started to turn off Javascript in my browser settings [once again] for this site except when posting something to it.

Al94 12:15 09 Feb 2019

The site is a total mess and the intrusive advertising would make me avoid the products/services being promoted.

archie 12:20 09 Feb 2019

I've started to turn off Javascript in my browser settings

ditto

BT 09:15 10 Feb 2019

The current one seems to be able to swerve Adblocker+.

Old Deuteronomy 11:28 10 Feb 2019

The current one seems to be able to swerve Adblocker+.

I use the combined efforts of the Opera adblocker and Adblock (not plus). Between them they do a good job.

qwbos 00:42 11 Feb 2019

Just installed AdBlock and the bottom right corner no longer gives me a headache. Interestingly, AdBlock Plus is showing 144 hits on this page to AdBlock's 63.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique