Do you need your beauty sleep?

Cymro. 13:05 12 Apr 2017

BBC link

With an idle moment waiting for the rain to stop so I can get out I came across this. It is about how loss of sleep affects us. Now as one who loses a lot of sleep but have found I can get by quite well on 5 or 6 hours a night I thought I had better have a look. Whenever I get less than say couple of hours in a night I do find it catches up with me in much the same way as described in the BBC Link above. So how do you get on regarding sleep? Do you find it hard going in the morning unless you get at least 9 hours sleep. Have you found that you can cat nap in the day in a chair and if so does it help you get through the rest of your day. But does such short daytime naps make it more difficult for you to sleep that night? What do you do when you can't sleep? Do you just lie in bed tossing and turning or do you just give up and go downstairs make a cup or tea whatever? Personally I have a radio and earbuds by my bedside so I disturb no one. Surprising what good stuff in on the radio all hours of the night.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:54 12 Apr 2017

Need my Eight hours although I'm constantly yawning all day, can't remember when I last woke up feeling refreshed.

Last couple of years I find my eyes are struggling to stay open half 3 - 4 o'clockish.

Body rhythms suggest this time is a low point for everyone and a reasonwhy alot of accidents occur at this time.

Pine Man 14:42 12 Apr 2017

What do you do when you can't sleep?

I found that if I lay there tossing and turning I would just get more and more annoyed so now I get up and do a crossword or two over maybe an hour or so and then go back to bed and I don't seem to miss that bit of sleep.

Old Deuteronomy 16:27 12 Apr 2017

Seven to eight hours does for me, not sure about the beauty bit though. Still sometimes drop-off when watching the telly though, mainly through boredom as not much is interesting enough to keep me awake.

caccy 17:24 12 Apr 2017

I'm so beautiful that I don't need any! (wishful thinking)

wee eddie 18:28 12 Apr 2017

4 - 5 hours have normally done me but, now I'm in my 70's, I seem to need a little bit more

VCR97 19:19 12 Apr 2017

I get six or seven hours of sleep but it's usually interrupted for a while in the early hours. I find that I often drop off to sleep during the day if I'm reading or listening to the radio. TV also often sends me to sleep even if the programme is interesting.

Forum Editor 07:40 13 Apr 2017

VCR97

Much like you, I often find myself awake at around 3:00 am. I go back to sleep, but am always awake almost exactly at 6:00 a.m. I have woken at that time for many years, and I can't lie in - once I'm awake i have to start the day.

Burn-it 18:13 13 Apr 2017

I often read till about 3:00 am and usually awake when the school kids go screaming past in the morning, though i will often then fall asleep again. I spent far too many years watching the sun rise when on call for various computer centers to need much sleep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61