Hot Topics

Do you like music ? Chapter 3 part 59

Belatucadrus 12:03 05 Dec 2019
Answered

Tracktor Bowling my last selection from Russia was hardly a rip roaring success but what the hell let's have another shot from Putin land. Check out Silenzium, at least they offer conclusive proof that not all Russian Girls look like Rosa Klebb.

Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 05 Dec 2019

I like a nice bit of classical :0)

Quickbeam 18:06 05 Dec 2019

I'm disappointed, I wanted the Rosa Klebb version...

Old Deuteronomy 20:12 05 Dec 2019

I'm disappointed, I wanted the Rosa Klebb version...

Perhaps SMERSH are going up in the world.

Forum Editor 08:16 06 Dec 2019

Nobody is going to watch stuff like this for the music.

Belatucadrus 12:00 06 Dec 2019

Nobody is going to watch stuff like this for the music.

While the nature of the video clearly targets a broader more populist demographic than the usual classical video, the Silenzium girls rendition seems quite capable to these tinnitus raddled lugholes of mine. So I'd have thought it was perfectly enjoyable even to the more conservative elements of any audience. I will however concur that the oceanic sploshing about of three aesthetically pleasing young women does seem to enhance the experience.

Aitchbee 12:44 06 Dec 2019
Answer

I reckon this is another fine example of chicken skin music [see part 59] only it's the performers who get the goosebumps etc, in this case ;o]

Aitchbee 12:45 06 Dec 2019

Doh, I meant part 58.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:27 06 Dec 2019

We didn't watch a cross dressing rabbit and here for the music but it was probably where we first got to hear classical music.

wee eddie 16:01 06 Dec 2019

This is where I come to blows with the Feminist Movement.

Here we have 3 Competent violinists using their youth and femininity to sell product.

I see nothing wrong with that, but object when others claim that I am Objectifying them

Forum Editor 17:26 07 Dec 2019

"Here we have 3 Competent violinists using their youth and femininity to sell product."

Surely in this context their youth and femininity is the product? If they were that serious about the music they would stand in a room wearing normal clothes and just play ordinary violins. The video was not made because these women are especially talented - there are hundreds of thousands of equally proficient violinists. The target audience is male, and the music is largely irrelevant.

There's nothing wrong with that, but let's understand it for what it is.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor Magic Watch 2 review

Salmon, space dogs, skeletons: The Chemical Brothers' greatest music videos

Comment regarder les Oscars 2020 ?