Do you like music ? Chapter 3 part 43

Belatucadrus 10:17 15 Aug 2019
Answered

After due consideration I decided this week to indulge in a short lived phenomenon, the mid eighties super-group. Created for the new MTV market, apart from a tendency to over lacquered mullets and polyester slub suits many of them were excellent fun to listen to. As a long time Steve Hacket fan I've plumped for GTR to represent the genre.

Click here

PS FE there's no need to tell me they're pretentious, I KNOW ! I just don't care.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 15 Aug 2019
Answer

A genre I like

American Heartbeat is an album that's often on in the car with a similar sound.

Belatucadrus 15:26 15 Aug 2019

Was looking through the tunes on your list and I like most of them, with one striking exception Babe by Styx, I really hate that song. If you want a Styx tune try this one.

Click Here

Forum Editor 15:53 15 Aug 2019

"FE there's no need to tell me they're pretentious"

I wouldn't dream of it - I'll say formulaic instead.

Quickbeam 17:53 15 Aug 2019

Pretentious and formulaic I reckon!

To me they perfectly sum up how bad music in general was in the '80s. I largely lost interest in new music in that decade, it took the Stone Roses and the Brit Pop revolution to reinvigorate my interest just as punk did in the '70s after Glam Rock.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Is it safe to use NordVPN?

Hell or Habito? Why a mortgage startup branded itself through some sick animation

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleurs écrans pour PC (2019)