Do you like music ? Chapter 3 part 42

Belatucadrus 08:20 08 Aug 2019
Answered

A couple of years ago when I linked to a bit of Captain Beefheart, Fruit Bat /\0/\ suggested

“you'll be playing Zappa next “

Well as it has taken me over two years it hardly qualifies as next but I’ve finally got around to it.

Click Here

wee eddie 09:24 08 Aug 2019

That owes not a little to Tubular Bells.

By the by: Zappa's "Valley Girls" is a satirical tour de force

Belatucadrus 09:35 08 Aug 2019

Though anybody who names his daughter Moon Unit deserves to have his bumps felt (she did the vocals on Valley Girl).

Her sisters name is Diva Muffin, the brothers Ahmet and Dweezil got off comparatively lightly.

Bob Geldof eat your heart out.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:03 09 Aug 2019

Think I prefer the original :0) Although never been much of a Zappa fan.

Forum Editor 16:26 13 Aug 2019

"Although never been much of a Zappa fan."

Ditto. There are some competent musicians in there, but overall I thought it a pretentious waste of time.

WhirlingRound 20:31 13 Aug 2019

One of my favourites as a classical piece. This was OK though not outstanding. Some in the band were showing off.

WhirlingRound 20:37 13 Aug 2019

Check this version out

Bolero

Quickbeam 07:26 14 Aug 2019
Answer

Interesting version...

But I imagine that Andrew Preview would be mortified by the unprofessional conducting with baton in one hand and a lit fag in t'other!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Witcher 3 (Switch) Preview

Classic posters from Cuba's Golden Age celebrate cinema and revolution

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Comment télécharger des films et séries Amazon Prime Video ?