Do you like music ? Chapter 3 part 23

Belatucadrus 12:10 21 Mar 2019
Answered

On the theory that the only reliable way of being absolutely sure to please at least one forum member was to please myself I have managed to dig this one out of the archives.

It also provides proof positive that the Sasquatch exists.

Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:05 21 Mar 2019

One of my favourite tunes - first heard it on the American Heartbeat tape eighties stadium rock now added to for a double CD.

Had it on a CD for the car, now a playlist on google / memstick for car of 175 Rock tunes everything from Aeorsmith to ZZ Top

Aitchbee 14:27 21 Mar 2019
Answer

What a great performance from a band I've never seen but only 'haired' before on Radio 1 on John Peel or on Tommy Vance shows when heavy rock was still in vogue. Thanks.

Forum Editor 14:52 21 Mar 2019

There must be something wrong with my ears. I saw/heard formulaic rock performed by a band with too much hair and not enough talent.

Each to his own.

Belatucadrus 09:07 22 Mar 2019

There must be something wrong with my ears.

Far be it from me to disagree with such an august personage as yourself sir.

Quickbeam 09:23 22 Mar 2019

It's a ubiquitous radio sound from the '70s.

But to me it defines the old pretentious prog rock ere when new and exciting punk had arrived to freshen things up. Rock is dead long live Punk!

Belatucadrus 09:45 22 Mar 2019

Punk ?

Oh I remember those guys with the safety pins and zips, the ones that couldn't play, brief run in the seventies and eighties before the new romantics took over.

Quickbeam 10:44 22 Mar 2019

Revolutions are by nature a quick event!

Quickbeam 10:50 22 Mar 2019

Short, simple, slightly aggressive and pertinent to the mood of the day.

40 odd years on I still know why this genre grabbed my attention.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale