Do you like music ? Chapter 2 part 57

Belatucadrus 00:25 11 Jan 2018
Answered

Intent on keeping my new years resolution I have been trawling the nether regions of the web for stuff that fits my stated brief of “tunes so egregiously awful they make your ears bleed" and believe me I’ve found some. But before I assault your auditory organs I thought I’d offer from China the rather lovely Lily Liu. Those of you with longish memories may remember one of my more popular past offerings was Pham Duc Thanh on his Dan Bau. Anyone who appreciated that should have no problem with this latest selection, despite the fact that Miss Liu has a comparative surfeit of strings to play with.

Click here

rdave13 11:01 11 Jan 2018

Enjoyed it.

rdave13 01:08 13 Jan 2018

Surprised by the lack of comments Belatucadrus. Went on through YT links and more gems available. Thanks.

rdave13 03:06 13 Jan 2018

click here

Test

Belatucadrus 09:09 13 Jan 2018

Surprised by the lack of comments

I gave up being surprised by the reaction or lack of it ages ago, sometimes I'll link to stuff I'm sure will die the death and people like it, also vice versa. Stuff that should get a reaction: nada, bubkiss, naff all. Still the lack of predictability makes things interesting.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:07 13 Jan 2018
Answer

Yes I liked that.

Aitchbee 18:43 13 Jan 2018

I must have been subliminally influenced by Lily Lui's zither set-up cos I bought a dinky table-top ironing-board today!

btw, I reckon that the dynamic sliding glissandos seem to imitate the vocal intonations of native chinese speakers as heard by western ears.

For the record, I liked rdave13's pick too.

Belatucadrus 19:51 13 Jan 2018

I bought a dinky table-top ironing-board today!

When you get a tune out of it don't forget to post it on youtube.

rdave13 20:20 13 Jan 2018

When you get a tune out of it don't forget to post it on youtube. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)