Do you have a monogamous relationship

oresome 18:15 18 Jan 2018

with a supermarket and is your relationship influenced by their loyalty card and rewards?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:11 18 Jan 2018

No

I use whichever is the most convenient / cheaper / stock the goods I want.

wee eddie 19:12 18 Jan 2018

I am an absolute tart when it comes to Supermarket Shopping.

I usually walk, so available time is a deciding factor as is the quality of the product.

Price is plays only a minor part in the decision making process

Aitchbee 19:48 18 Jan 2018

I use whichever is the most convenient / cheaper / stock the goods I want.

Same here.

Aitchbee 21:15 18 Jan 2018

I also value, very highly, the various social interactions [chit chat] that occur at bus stops and on bus journeys to-an-fro my local bigname store, almost on a daily basis.

Pine Man 08:33 19 Jan 2018

I use the one that has sent me the best value vouchers.

Sainsbury's and Tesco's seem to be fighting for my custom by continually outdoing each other. At the moment Sainsbury's are winning with a £6 off £30 voucher.

Forum Editor 08:35 19 Jan 2018

Someone in my family works for a supermarket, so family loyalty comes into it as far as my shopping goes.

The Loyalty card rewards are a handy extra, but I think those days are numbered - food retailing is changing, and customers are being influenced far more by straightforward value for money than by bells and whistles.

Belatucadrus 10:43 19 Jan 2018

Not exactly, most of the stuff is from Tescos and the Xmas points bonus is always nice but I also carry Nectar and Morissons cards and have been known to use Aldi and Lidl.

Cymro. 12:35 19 Jan 2018

The wife does most of her shopping at Tesco but will admit it is not the cheapest just the most convenient for her. Parking, quality and range of goods etc. also come in to it. When I used to do the shopping I went to a local supermarket known as Kwik Save just because it was the least expensive. Kwik Save has now closed and there is an Aldi in it's place so I would probably go there for my shopping.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:44 19 Jan 2018

I use most of them

like the Lidl sausages and the "Mars bars" are cheaper and taste exactly the same.

Petrol comes from Tesco as its the nearest and I'm not driving 2 miles further to save 0.02p/litre

However Tesco Deli stuff tastes like cardboard so Asda wins there

Wife likes certain things that she can only get from Sainsburys.

and I like to browse the weekly offers in Aldi where my old Medion PC came from.

Best of all the small local M&S sells a delightful Elderberry and Blackcurrent wine.

oresome 12:59 19 Jan 2018

We visit several supermarkets and while we use their loyalty cards, it doesn't influence our shopping as far as I'm aware.

One advantage of not going to a particular one too frequently is that they tend to give you discount vouchers to tempt you back which are of more value than points on the loyalty card.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)