Hot Topics

Do you have children at school?

Forum Editor 23:27 18 Mar 2020

If you do and you work, how are you going to manage next week when the schools are closed until further notice?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:51 19 Mar 2020

Daughter is no working from home as work has closed the office so grandson will be home with mum. How this affects her work remains to be seen.

He may end up with us if showing no signs of illness over the next week.

Pine Man 11:06 19 Mar 2020

Both of my daughters are able to work from home with occasional weekly visits to the office.

Their children, my grandchildren, will be looked after by their parents and under no circumstnces will they be allowed to be sent to any of their respective grandparents.

Forum Editor 23:09 19 Mar 2020

"under no circumstnces will they be allowed to be sent to any of their respective grandparents."

That's as it should be, but it is going to be very hard on some parents who are not able to work from home, or do not have a partner/wife/husband to share the child care load.

Cymro. 14:09 20 Mar 2020

Pine Man "under no circumstnces will they be allowed to be sent to any of their respective grandparents"

Is this a comment against all grandparents or just once you know?

Pine Man 14:55 20 Mar 2020

Cymro

'Is this a comment against all grandparents or just once you know?'

This is what I said:-

'Their children, my grandchildren, will be looked after by their parents and under no circumstnces will they be allowed to be sent to any of their respective grandparents.'

By way of explanation, and I'm not sure why it's required:- My daughters have made the decision to look after their own children themselves and, to remove the risk of cross contamination and follow government advice, will not be sending them to any of their grandparents, all of which are over 70 and one couple have underlying health issues.

SweetPotatoes 12:38 23 Mar 2020

An appropriate checklist would do and right time management. a good web research would be helpful for the lessons and activities.

simonjary 06:50 24 Mar 2020

My daughter's school closed last Thursday as the government ordered.

The school is up-to-date enough to offer pretty good remote learning via Google Classroom and Firefly.

Students have to follow the normal school timetable, and teachers can check in on the children via those tools.

wee eddie 07:31 24 Mar 2020

SJ: That sounds like a well thought out response

Forum Editor 09:33 24 Mar 2020

On the subject of school closures.......

It's good to get things off your chest occasionally. (scroll down to the video)

dagbladet 14:28 24 Mar 2020

My daughter is a teacher at an inner London School. The school is now only open to children of key workers as per. Yesterday there were 15 kids (usual 450), today there is one kid in school with 8 members of staff.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

The all-new Windows 10 Start Menu could be here soon

How to get your first design job

What's the difference between macOS and iOS/iPadOS?

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs