Do any wine drinkers on the forum

Quickbeam 16:24 16 May 2019
Answered

...pay more than a tenner for a bottle of wine?

I would most likely have ordered a bottle of Becks!

QuizMan 16:54 16 May 2019

Paid £3.50 on offer in Morrisons

Al94 16:57 16 May 2019

Often pay much more than £10 although often less for a day to day drinking wine. Often cheaper by the case 2001 Le Pin

KEITH 1955 18:16 16 May 2019

Jilly Goulden used to be in charge of the wine tasting on a food and drink program many years ago , she quite often caught out the guests on the show because they unwittingly chose the cheapest bottle of wine as their favorite during the tasting.

oresome 20:09 16 May 2019

At home we usually pay less than a fiver per bottle although invariably purchased at the supermarket in quantity when there is 25% off 6 or more.

At a pub restaurant we'll pay £20 or so for the second cheapest on the wine list. Not convinced I would appreciate the difference with anything much dearer and only ever drink wine with food rather than simply for it's own enjoyment.

We do hold a large stock of wine and there can be quite a noticeable difference in taste between bottles of the same brand / variety purchased at different times but unless you were tasting and spitting out, you quickly become accustomed to the taste of the new bottle and I wouldn't like to say which was the better (and you get past caring after two glasses anyway!).

HondaMan 21:26 16 May 2019

We usually aim for between £7 - £8. At the present we rather like either Yellow Tail or Wolfbass Merlot

wee eddie 22:22 16 May 2019
Answer

I wonder what the mark up was on that bottle?

Old Deuteronomy 11:11 17 May 2019

It always amuses that, when tasting wine, "connoisseurs" will say it tastes of almost anything, except fermented grape juice...

oresome 19:58 18 May 2019

25% off 6 or more at Tesco, including Yellow Tail this morning.

Quickbeam 20:55 18 May 2019
  john bunyan 08:39 19 May 2019

What has Becks to do with wine?

We buy 3 Mills U.K. red at ASDA at £3.25 - a good red for the price. I will look at the Yellow Tail mentioned as my wife likes Merlot

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?