Digital 'Toys' to use with Students

DigiTech 13:28 05 May 2017

I work in Education, in a computing department for an FE College and my audience is generally 16-18 years old, I am looking to 'spruce up' my collection of digital 'toys' They are used for two purposes, the first is to take to events to demonstrate what we do as a department, so we have robots, laptops to run coding or animations, a VR Headset with a selection of programs made by students to experience etc etc. The remit is to try and create a wow factor to engage a potential students interest in the first instance. The second is 'toys' we use within the classroom to enrich subjects like coding, which run to the usual tablets, phones and devices, through to raspberry pi's, a smart R2D2......anything really that brings a subject to life. We teach modules ranging from computer science through programming, networking, web, animation 2d and 3d graphics, enterprise, social media, mobile apps, cyber security, games development etc. etc. So my (probably longwinded) question is what are your suggestions for updating my kit or wowing my audience, what digital devices are the best to engage and help upskill my students?

Belatucadrus 13:44 05 May 2017

As drones appear to be the in thing with interest from Amazon, the NHS and the military, maybe something like this would be both interesting and relevant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?