Dig out your summer glad rags...

Quickbeam 07:18 21 Jun 2017

Don't forget to celebrate and make the most of the summer solstice today, it's all downhill until 21st December from tomorrow...

Old Deuteronomy 08:30 21 Jun 2017

Dig out your summer glad rags...

T-shirt and shorts for me, from May until October.

wee eddie 08:41 21 Jun 2017

It's raining

Old Deuteronomy 09:29 21 Jun 2017

We could do with some rain...

Aitchbee 12:54 21 Jun 2017

Summer solstice today immediately evokes the iconic image of Stonehenge.

click here Summer Icon in the 3.40 at Royal Ascot at a monumental price of 150/1 ;o]

ps.

bumpkin 19:18 21 Jun 2017

Summer solstice.

Thanks for reminding me, time I set off to the henge to worship a pile of old rubble.

john bunyan 20:14 21 Jun 2017

A 22 year old granddaughter called in (studying for a Masters at UCL) to say she had been with friends at Stonehenge as usual . Her fathers day card to me mentioned that I was not to be too depressed about Labour getting 262 seats at the election. A Corbynista to the core, in spite of her apparent intelligence!

bumpkin 21:34 21 Jun 2017

apparent intelligence!

Apparent being appropriate word. I fail to see sny intelligence in visting Stone Henge other than to see it once and ponder on its construction and its purpose. I have been to see it myself when younger but the worshipping for the solice is beyond my clearly limited intelligence.

Forum Editor 22:15 21 Jun 2017

bumpkin

"...the worshipping for the solice is beyond my clearly limited intelligence."

It's a harmless enough thing - live and let live.

Quickbeam 07:11 22 Jun 2017

Our celebration was an evening ride of 18 miles up to Hope Cross in the Peak District and a clear view of the Peaks at 10pm

john bunyan 11:09 22 Jun 2017

QB

I suspect it has more to do with Bacchus than the Druids. A load of modern day "Flower Power" folk having what they believe is a good, memorable , time at a historic site. I'd rather have a cup of tea, myself!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Far Cry New Dawn preview

Adobe buys Substance Painter and Designer to bring 3D tools to Creative Cloud

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?