Hot Topics

Dead teenager to be cryogenically preserved

Old Deuteronomy 09:56 18 Nov 2016
Answered

From the BBC.

I believe cryogenic storage of dead people needs to be stopped. Companies offering this service are charging a lot of money, giving people false hope whilst they make fat profits. Even if, at some time in the future, a dead body can be resurrected, the brain has stopped. The resurrected cadaver will have no past knowledge, no memories and the person is gone. The brain, IF it can be made to work again, won't even remember how to make the body function.

bumpkin 21:43 18 Nov 2016

Could preserving your fathers semen and mothers ova create another "you" at a later time.

Aitchbee 21:53 18 Nov 2016

Yes that's quite concievable, bumpkin ;o]

Old Deuteronomy 22:11 18 Nov 2016

Could preserving your fathers semen and mothers ova create another "you" at a later time.

That raises the prospect of...

Forum Editor 22:47 18 Nov 2016

"Many people find the support of their church very valuable."

Indeed they do, and many people find the thought that they can have their bodies preserved in the hope that at some future date they can be revived very valuable.

It's all about encouraging faith, which is precisely what both the cryogenics business and the churches do. Nobody can prove that their god actually exists, and nobody can prove that cryogenics will not work.

Flak999 00:09 19 Nov 2016

21st century snake oil salesmen, if the naive fools want to give upwards of £32000 to charlatans it's up to them I guess. It's all total nonsense of course!

Flak999 00:20 19 Nov 2016
Answer

Don't take it from me, these people know what their talking about!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Save a staggering 82% when you upgrade to Windows 10 Pro now

Akira art show continues in absence of virus-hit Olympics

Annoying bug makes Mail gatecrash your Mac screen

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans