Cycling accident with parked car.

Ush1 17:17 08 May 2017

Hi all. Advise please. My brother had a cycling accident yesterday, stupidly road into the back of a car whilst it was parked on a cycle lane. Damage was back screen and boot. The police on scrne said the driver would be happy to have it repaired on his insurance if he pays the excess. Fair enough we thought. The driver has come back today saying he cant claim on his insurance as they wont fix it. Suspicious i thought, Ive checked on the internet and now find its because he has no m.o.t. The police dont seem to want to help and now hes saying the bill is £650 and quite frankly its not worth that. Advise on next steps if anyone can help.

HondaMan 17:06 09 May 2017

I would be inclined, on re-reading the original post, as well as what I have already said, to refer this to the IPCC as the police are apparently failing to prosecute a driver with no valid MoT certificate

bumpkin 17:57 09 May 2017

It was stated that the repair costed was greater than the value of the car.

By whom?

bumpkin 18:03 09 May 2017

OP did not state it in his first and only post nor has he replied to anything.

Old Deuteronomy 20:46 09 May 2017

As the OP has not bothered to reply since the first page, it looks like the thread has been abandoned and is not worth discussing further.

bumpkin 20:52 09 May 2017

Which leads me to draw my own conclusion of the nature of the poster which goes not in his favour.

john bunyan 21:32 09 May 2017

A first time poster who doesn't reply seem rude.

lotvic 21:36 09 May 2017

oh no, OP made bumpkin frown... >:P

lotvic 21:40 09 May 2017

And jb doesn't seem enamoured either >:[

Forum Editor 22:34 09 May 2017

"Which leads me to draw my own conclusion of the nature of the poster which goes not in his favour."

Snap judgements like that might just be what deters people from responding. There could be a dozen reasons why someone doesn't reply over a 24 hour period.

bumpkin 23:20 09 May 2017

OK, I accept that and await further information if it is forthcoming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi