The correct fitting for CO2

bumpkin 18:46 06 Aug 2014

Can anyone tell me the correct fitting to connect to a CO2 cylinder. In the past I have used an anticlockwise thing about 20mm. The one I have now has something like 15mm connection but I cant find a thread that fits.

Aitchbee 18:59 06 Aug 2014

bumpkin - I'm sure your local pub barmaid/barman will probably be able to help you out there - as they've gotto 'change cylinders' every-now-and-then to keep the beer bubblin' away.

Aitchbee 19:08 06 Aug 2014

There's nothing worse than a flat pint-o-lager!

bumpkin 20:16 06 Aug 2014

A good suggestion HB but not being on benefits I cannot afford to go to the pub everyday :-))

bumpkin 20:28 06 Aug 2014

There seems to be more than one which surprises me hence the question.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 06 Aug 2014

what are you connecting it to?

Anticlockwise thing? Yes gas bottles have a left hand thread (except oxygen if I remember rightly)

bumpkin 21:03 06 Aug 2014

FB , anti clockwise ie LH thread and odd size in the past. I think it is now 1/2" MI but only tried a 15mm which is slightly different. I think a FE 1/2" X 15mm may do it.

bumpkin 21:03 06 Aug 2014

Edit FI not FE

wee eddie 21:26 06 Aug 2014

What on earth are you trying to connect the CO2 Cylinder too.

It would help to know

Aitchbee 21:45 06 Aug 2014

bumpkin, slightly off subject ... I remember when all telephone exchanges [in days gone by] used to have rows of large torpedo-sized-grey-coloured cylinders of compressed air [possibly Carbon Dioxide] fitted with long tubes,valves 'n' fancy pressure gauges to all the main air-filled underground communication cables.If the air-flow from any of these 'bottles' increased by a certain amount then alarm bells would start ringing in the exchange indicating a major cable fault potentially affecting many hundreds of subscribers but thanks to the early warning alarm in the exchange this calamity was usually avoided by the expert fault-locatin' skills of the u/g maintenance telecomm engineers.

bumpkin 21:48 06 Aug 2014

Wee eddie, I just want to know the fitting required. Which I now think is a simple 1/2 FI but wont know until I try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)