A computer that has no adds and has no security

Govan1x 09:30 14 Jun 2018
Answered

A new computer system that has no adds and has no need of security programs.

Seen it on the news this morning but cannot find anything about it on Google.

I only seen part of the story so do not know if it was just wishful thinking. Maybe i was just dreaming.

Not sure which news station it was on it could have been the UK or a USA one.

Forum Editor 09:40 14 Jun 2018
Answer

"Maybe i was just dreaming".

That must be it. No operating system that is connected to the internet can last long without any security measures.

Belatucadrus 09:56 14 Jun 2018

Have you been watching RT news ?

Govan1x 10:13 14 Jun 2018

Forum Editor

I was thinking the same.Apple used to have the same sort of advice when it came out at first.

I suppose it is like reading a good book and not getting diverted back to page 7 when you are on page 200 or you cant open the next page as it is clogged up with Adds.

I would imagine eventually computers may work like a good book with nothing stopping your progress from A to B.

What is annoying is that I can find no mention of such a system that may be on sale shortly which makes me thing it must not have been the UK news that I seen it in.

If by the end of the day nobody can confirm what I seen on the news I will class as resolved. I suppose we can only dream about it.

Govan1x 10:16 14 Jun 2018

Belatucadrus

I am with Virginmedia and used to get RT news but they have blocked it for some reason.

I do like getting different views from different news programs.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?