Clocks going back Sunday morning.

rdave13 18:25 27 Oct 2018
Answered

Hate it when evenings get darker earlier. Time to give it up maybe. link

mikef. 18:50 27 Oct 2018

To many forget how dangerous the mornings were when they experimented around 1980 with not putting them back in the North

rdave13 19:11 27 Oct 2018

I remember it well. It will eventually get dangerous any way as winter progresses. Time for education on life maybe.

Quickbeam 19:28 27 Oct 2018

It was 68/70 when it was tried. I was at school in Fife at the start, and moved down to the West Riding when it finished.

The increased morning road accident rate among school kids was a main reason to abandon it, but today it's very a common to drive kids to school.

I'd like to see an end to GMT.

Menzie 19:39 27 Oct 2018

Our clocks go back next week Sunday.

I'm glad as in the mornings it is dark. Now there will at least be some light.

Earlier this week I was going through a school zone and it is amazing how many of the kids were on bicycles with no reflectors or lights and were wearing dark clothing.

They were riding in the road and appeared to be quite a surprise for some of the motorists going the same way.

rdave13 20:03 27 Oct 2018

It was 68/70 when it was tried

That long ago? You surprise me Quickbeam . I remember it as yesterday.... ugh old age can sometimes be a bugger.

Quickbeam 20:08 27 Oct 2018

'fraid so rdave13, I was 12/14 during those years and also remember it like was yesterday too!

rdave13 20:16 27 Oct 2018

I was 14/16. Mind you 1954 was a good year .... lol

oresome 14:57 28 Oct 2018

And it was going so well!

I breezed through the various timepieces, tackled the CH programmer, the programmable thermostat, the intruder alarm and the telephone answering machine.

All that was left in the house was my wrist watch. Pulled the winder out, adjusted the time and it didn't start again. Finished up changing the battery and it started...…..that is until I tried to make a minor adjustment to the time and then it wouldn't start again. Finished up having to remove and refit the battery again. Now I daren't adjust the time.

Just the car clock to tackle next time I'm in it First time with this car, so I might wait till I take the missus to the hairdressers next week. That'll give me half-hour outside to fathom out how.

Quickbeam 16:01 28 Oct 2018

Most modern cars have a +/- 1 hour adjustment.

And looking out of the window, the light is failing at 4pm and it'll be dark shortly after 5... Time to batten down the hatches and hibernate until the spring!

Quickbeam 17:52 28 Oct 2018
Answer

Quarter to six and pitch dark, might as well go to bed!

Wake me up at the end of March someone...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?